Welcome to my world!

Just a slight insight into the changes occurring in my life and all around me....

Saturday 10 March 2012

When I grow up I want to be...

The conversations with relatives generally went like this:

1996:
Auntie Mary: "So what class are you in now?"
Me: "1st class"
Auntie "Oh you're so grown up! What do you want to be when you're older??"
Me: "A vet that works on planet Mars of course" (clueless)

2000:
Uncle John: "So how old are you know?"
Me: "10 years and 4 months and 3 weeks and 5 days"
Uncle John: "They grow up so fast! So what are you going to be when you're all grown up?"
Me: "A dolphin trainer who works part-time in Hollywood" (remaining clueless)

I totally could have thought them how to do this :O
(Oh and let's face it we all have Uncle Johns and Auntie Marys)


2012:
Mum: "Hows college??"
Me: "Yera same old, same old"
Mum: "Have you figured out what you're doing with your life yet?!"
Me: Eh no I'm not quite there yet, what's for dinner?? (As clueless as I was back in 1996)

We've all been there. Assigned essays in primary schools on "When I grow up I want to be...." Our imaginations went wild and our aspirations were as high as we could possibly dream.

Life was easy back then!

God only knows what kids say nowadays with the dominance of celebrities and their lifestyles only continuing to rise and influence many, but here is a funny story I found recently at Funny Q & A!

When I Grow Up, I Want To Be Like Mommy

Right I'm off to Google dolphin training! If you have any funny stories about your ambitions as a kid, please let us know by commenting below!








10 comments:

  1. Love the kids picture! I was going to be professional a singer, there is a video of me, age 4, singing Whitney Houston in my wendy house in the playroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh those were the days when we thought we had it all figured out... I'm 20 years old and still clueless too! So don't worry, I'm sure it will all work out in the end.. well that's what I keep telling myself anyways :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm thinking I rocket science could be my calling at this stage!

      Delete
  3. I wanted to be a nurse because I spent some time in hospital as a child and I loved the nurses :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's so sweet! They are great at their jobs!

      Delete
  4. All I know is that when I asked what I wanted to be when I was younger, my response was definitely not "I want to be an accountant" Yiiikes life was more fun, not living in reality!! Is it too late to be a dolphin trainer?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha imagine a kid saying that?! It's never too late!

      Delete
  5. I was fully convinced I was going to be a Princess....anyone have Harry's number no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately not, but look how Blair's dream of being a princess in Gossip Girl turned out?? Maybe it's for the best ;)

      Delete